Tuesday, April 26, 2005

INSPIRATION!!!

You'd think I'd be smarter than this..................last post I explored the possibility of a seasonal knitting habit and for good reason. I hadn't been posting, not much knitting going on and I thought I'd lost the DESIRE to knit (gasp!!) Well lo and behold, as soon as I started catching up on my blog reading, guess what I found??? Yup, you got it! INSPIRATION!!! So, you may ask, why didn't I turn to my fellow bloggers sooner? Well, the answer is simple...........I'm an idiot! But I must admit, even my favorite blog sites did not produce the inspiration to finish this baby blanket!!!

As an aside: I MUST HAVE Yarn Harlot's new book (yes I'm that far behind - I've just realized she has a book)! Catching up on her blog was immensely entertaining and I need more!!

I also just realized (okay, I admit it.........I am slow) that I have 6 subscribers!!!! All but amethyst muse has remained private. Let me know who you are!! The curiosity is killing me!! In any event, thank you to the 6 and to everyone else who happens by on occasion despite the fact that I haven't been very consistent so........

To you 6 and others, I send out a plea for assistance. My SP4 sent me some great yarn for a spring scarf (see previous post) and I'd like a pattern that's a little different. With the ribbon yarn, I think it most definitely calls for some sort of drop stitch.........any suggestions??? I also need a great spring project. I picked up the latest VK and Interweave yesterday but nothing was really ringing my bell...........I did find Sylvia on the Berroco site. Very cute but I worry about all that garter stitch....remember my attention span, people! I'm also considering the Honeymoon Cami but I'm a bit more topheavy than Julia........what do I do about bra straps? I also like the Ribbon Cardi that Fluffa! made last year. What to knit, what to knit! Opinions and other suggestions requested!!!

1 Comments:

At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Liz said...

I'm one of those that has subscribed to your feed. I don't know why it's coming up as private.
But about you're ribbon yarn, I think a drop stitch scarf would be great. Like the one in thins link.

http://www.keyboardbiologist.net/Patterns/DropStitchScarf.htm

Or maybe a twisted drip stitch.

http://www.isleview.com/Free%20Patterns.htm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home